Обавештење о набавци – Постројење за прераду отпадних вода Батајница
Batajnica Wastewater Collection and Treatment Project – Project Preparation
Municipal and environmental infrastructure
European Western Balkans Joint Fund
Invitation for expressions of interest (CSU)
07 Mar 2017
29 Mar 2017 at 17:00 Belgrade
Project Description: The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development („EBRD“ or the „Bank“) is currently in discussions with the City of Belgrade (the „City“ or „Belgrade“) and the Public Utility Company Belgrade Waterworks and Sewerage (the „Client“ or „Company“) on development of its sewerage system. Plans for the development of the Belgrade sewerage system have been evolved over many years. Currently it is planned that development of Belgrade’s sewerage system will include the northern Wastewater Treatment Plant at Batajnica, and corresponding sewage network. The Client has requested the EBRD to provide technical assistance for project preparation of wastewater collection and treatment at Batajnica (the „Project“).
Batajnica is located in the northwest part of the Belgrade’s urban area, close to the Danube’s right bank. The Project is aligned with the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, which refers to the protection of the environment and identifies priority areas to restore and maintain the quality of waters. As there is currently no wastewater treatment in Belgrade, the Project represents a significant contribution to the improvement of the water quality of the Danube river.
Assignment Description: The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the „Consultant“) for the preparation of studies, design documentation and tender dossiers to enable investment in, and implementation of the Batajnica wastewater collection and treatment Project (the „Assignment“).
The expected outcome of the Assignment is preparation of (i) an EU/IFI compliant Feasibility Study for wastewater collection and treatment in Batajnica, (ii) relevant studies and design documentation in compliance with Serbian legislation for priority elements of the Batajnica wastewater collection and treatment system, (iii) tender dossiers for construction of priority elements for wastewater collection and treatment in the Batajnica system.
The selected Consultant is expected to undertake the following activities:
Activity Nº 1: Prepare the Feasibility Study for the Batajnica wastewater collection and treatment project, to a standard acceptable to international financing institutions;
Activity Nº 2: Prepare the General Design with Prefeasibility Study (Generalni Projekat sa Prethodnom Studijom Opravdanosti) in accordance with Serbian legislation, for the Batajnica system; suitable for approval by national institutions;
Activity Nº 3: Prepare the Conceptual Designs (Idejna Rešenja) in accordance with Serbian legislation, for the collection system and Batajnica Northern WWTP, suitable for approval by national institutions;
Activity Nº 4: Prepare the Preliminary Designs with Feasibility Study (Idejni Projekat sa Studijom Opravdanosti) in accordance with Serbian legislation, for the collection system and the Batajnica Northern WWTP; suitable for approval by national institutions;
Activity Nº 5: Prepare the Environmental Impact Assessment Study (Studija o proceni uticaja na životnu sredinu) in accordance with Serbian legislation, for the Batajnica wastewater project, suitable for approval by national institutions and EU funding application;
Activity Nº 6: Prepare the Designs for Construction Permits (Projekti za Gradjevinsku Dozvolu) in accordance with Serbian legislation, for priority elements of the collection system, suitable for approval by national institutions;
Activity Nº 7: Prepare theTender Dossiers for construction of priority elements of the collection system and Batajnica Northern WWTP, suitable for open international tendering.
The Feasibility Study (activity Nº 1) will define/update the Priority Investment Project (PIP), comprising several components of the overall Batajnica wastewater collection system. Only on receipt of written approval of the Feasibility Study by the Project Steering Committee appointed by the Client, the subsequent technical documentation and tender dossiers will be developed by the Consultant for the PIP components (activities Nº 2-7).
The Consultant will also provide continuous assistance to the Client in obtaining necessary approvals and permits during the course of preparation of project documentation, as well as during the technical review process to be carried out by national institutions.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q3 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 28 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 850,000 (exclusive of VAT). Subject to availability of funding, the performance of the selected Consultant and the specific needs of the Client the Assignment may be extended beyond the current scope. The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by European Western Balkans Joint Fund. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience related to wastewater collection and treatment project preparation funded by EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFIs (EBRD, EIB, World Bank, KfW or similar) in the past 10 years, in climatic conditions comparable to Serbia, including:
a. Preparation of feasibility studies to a standard acceptable to major international financing institutions, for preferably at least 2 major wastewater projects, each with a minimum value of the proposed priority investment project of Euro 30 million.
b. Preparation of designs and tender dossiers for preferably at least 2 WWTPs, each of minimum capacity of 100,000 PE, and 2 sewage pumping stations, each of a minimum capacity 1.5 m3/s.
In compliance with regulations of Republic of Serbia regarding technical documentation, the Consultant (or his nominated sub-contractor) shall hold all necessary company licenses (the “Licences”) issued in Serbia (for preparation of wastewater facilities with capacity over 200 l/s) and provide copies of these Licences as part of EOI:
– P073G3 – hydro-technical facilities for wastewater treatment with capacity over 200 l/s
– P073M2 – designs of mechanical installations of facilities for water supply and industrial water, hydraulics and hydropower for wastewater treatment facilities with capacity over 200 l/s
– P073Т1 – designs of technological processes for wastewater treatment facilities with capacity over 200 l/s
– For preparation of surveys on geotechnical construction requirements, prepared according to regulations on geological explorations
If they maintain their status as sub-contractors, individual companies are eligible to participate as sub-contractors in multiple expressions of interest, please refer to EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules, section 5.5 sub-section b: „firms or individuals who have submitted more than one expression of interest or have participated or intend to participate as a joint venture partner or consortium member in more than one expression of interest/proposal for each contract. Submission or participation by a consultant in more than one proposal for a contract will result in the rejection of all proposals for that contract in which the consultant is involved. However, this does not limit the inclusion of the same sub-contracted consultant in more than one proposal submitted by a firm.“
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include the following key experts listed below.
All key experts should preferably have a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the wastewater sector, and preferably a minimum of 5 years of international professional experience (carried out outside of their respective country of origin).
Key Expert 1 – Team leader, including:
- Previous professional experience as Team Leader on preparing for financing of preferably at least 2 similar projects in the wastewater sector (each with minimum value of 30 Million Euro) financed by EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFIs, in the past 10 years.
- Previous relevant professional experience in the Western Balkans will be considered an advantage.
Key Expert 2 – WWTP Process Expert, including:
- Previous professional experience as Process Expert (either conceptual or preliminary design) as part of preparation for financing of preferably at least 1 similar project (WWTP over 100,000 PE) under EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFI funding, in the past 5 years.
- Previous professional experience in preparation of preferably at least 2 completed tender dossiers for WWTPs over 100,000 PE, under EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFI funding, according to the requirements of the EU Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive, for at least secondary treatment
- Previous relevant professional experience in the Western Balkans will be considered an advantage.
Key Expert 3 – Wastewater Network Expert, including:
- Previous professional experience as Wastewater Network Expert on preparing detailed designs for construction of sewage networks of preferably at least 20 km, under EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFI funding, preferably in the past 5 years.
- Previous professional experience in preparation of preferably at least 2 completed tender dossiers for wastewater collection projects under EU IPA/ISPA/Cohesion fund or major IFI funding (each with investments of minimum EUR 8 Million).
- Previous relevant professional experience in the Western Balkans will be considered an advantage
Non-key experts are expected to include a pool of additional experts, as well as support staff and backstopping. CVs for additional experts should not be submitted in the expressions of interest, but may be required as part of technical proposals during the request for proposals stage. The consultants should demonstrate in the expressions of interest that they have internal capacity to provide all the required staff in order to deliver the expected results or to have access to experts with the adequate profiles.
The expected expertise of additional experts shall be in the following areas, but not limited to:
Civil hydraulic engineers (Serbian licence numbers no. 314 and 313),Process/technology engineers (licence no. 371), Mechanical engineers (licence no. 332), Structural engineers (licence no. 310), Hydrology engineers (licences no. 392 or 492), Electrical engineers (licences no. 350, or/and no. 352, or /and no.353), Cost Benefit Assessment experts, Environmental impact assessment experts, Social (impact assessment) expert, Procurement experts, Quantity surveyors, Geotechnical and hydro-geological experts (licence no. 391, 392, 393, 316, etc.), Stakeholder Engagement Expert, Topographic surveyors.
Additional experts would preferably have, at minimum, a University/bachelor degree in the field relevant for the assignment or preferably 4 (four) years of previous professional experience in the field relevant for the assignment.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous ten years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration), main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous ten years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link: http://www.ebrd.com/pages/workingwithus/procurement/notices/csu/contact_sheet.doc.
5. Copies of the Licences as described in section Consultant Profile.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet and copies of the Licences).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
23 March 2017. The Procurement Notice is updated as follows:
- Closing date for submission of expressions of interest is revised, the revised Closing date is 10 April 2017 at 17:00 Belgrade time;
- Section “Consultant Profile” is updated as follows: Corporate licenses are not required for preparation of surveys on geotechnical construction requirements, and therefore do not need to be submitted in the Expression of interest. However, the Consultants must plan for these surveys to be carried out by licensed individual experts, as already defined in the Invitation for expressions of interest. All other corporate licenses shall be submitted as requested in the Invitation for expressions of interest.
- Additional section is included as follows: “Important Notes”:
- Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
- The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s previous project experience in project preparation (feasibility studies, designs and tender dossiers) of major wastewater projects to a standard acceptable to major International Financial Institutions (30%)
- Firm’s previous project experience in assignments in wastewater collection and treatment sector in Serbia and/or the Western Balkans – (20%)
- CVs of Key Experts
- Key Expert 1 – Team Leader – (20%)
- Key Expert 2 – WWTP Process Expert – (15%)
- Key Expert 3 – Wastewater Network Expert – (15%)
The Client Contact Person:
Public Utility Company ‘Belgrade Waterworks and Sewerage’
Head of Department for Capital Facilities Preparation
Obrenovacki drum bb
Tel: +381 11 305 28 41
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: +44 20 7338 7185